Sunday, 2 February 2014

My Happiness Project - End of January


January has come to an end so I feel it is time to update you on my progress. Shamefully, I have to admit that I failed. I did not follow through with all of my goals for the month. (If you want to see some my goals for the month, check out this post)

But I feel that's okay. We all make mistakes, you have to live, learn and move on.


I got back on track with my January goals this week and have to admit, I already feel better. Not just physically, but mentally.

It's actually a known fact that regular exercise can improve your mood. I'm not even kidding! When you exercise, your brain releases endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals all work together to make you feel good. So it is a scientific fact.

There is also something about completing a work out or finishing a run/walk that makes you feel accomplished. And we all know, feeling accomplished makes us feel good - at least it does for me.

After remembering this feeling this week, I am more determined than ever to stick to my January goals. I have actually started using the Brazillian Butt Lift program and I have to say, I'm loving it. The work outs are hard (my body is burning by the end of it) but it is really fun.

I am also a die hard fan of Insanity which is another at home workout program. It truly is insane! With this program you are guaranteed a killer workout. Your trainer, Shaun T, is great. He does the exercises with you, encourages you when you need it and isn't too bad to look at ;)

It is also time to prepare for February - Month 2. I will be adding these new goals to my existing January goals.

February is my month to boost my energy mentally. Look out for my next post all about my new goals for the month.

Have you noticed exercise boosting your mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...