Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Kissable Lips



Keeping my lips soft and smooth is important to me. Not only do dry, chapped lips look gross but they can hurt and even bleed. So I have my little lip routine that I like to do at least once a week to keep them kissable. During winter I tend to do this every other day to really make sure my lips are never chapped.


My routine is made up of only two steps! It is super easy and takes no time at all.

I like to start off with my lip scrub - my favourite at the moment is LUSH Mint Julips. This lip scrub is amazing because it uses natural ingredients. Caster sugar is the base of the scrub so the granules are not too rough on your lips but it still does its job of removing all the dead skin. The peppermint oil and vanilla extract really soothe and moisturise your lips. The best thing is that it tastes great!

After I have spent some time scrubbing (and licking) my lips, I lather them up with my favourite lip balm. I swear by Lucas' Papaw Ointment. I have been using it for over 6 years and still love it. I try a different balm every now and then, but always find myself reaching for my papaw ointment whenever my lips are feeling a bit chapped. Now I usually do my little lip routine at night, after I have washed my face and brushed my teeth. So I will layer on the ointment, even going outside of my lip line, and hop into bed.

When I wake up the next day my lips are soft and smooth. Absolutely kissable!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...