Monday, 13 January 2014

Start exercising NOW





It is the new year people, the time for new beginnings and a new you! Now that may sound cheesy, lame and way way waaaay overused… But its true.

For some reason, a lot of people (myself included) believe that the beginning of the year gives a chance to start over. We are not disillusioned to think that the past never happened, but we can sort of forgive, forget and move on. A fresh start.


A lot of people begin the year by writing new years resolutions! The most common resolution being some sort of form of: LOSE WEIGHT.

When it comes to goal writing it is imperative (oooh look at that big word) to be as precise as possible. However, you can read all about my wonderful tips for writing goals in this post.

If you have read my previous post about My Happiness Project, you will already know that January is my month to start an exercise regime. I have kept it simple and really specific.

Here are my exercise specific goals:
- Walk/Run for 20 mins 4 x week
- Strength Train 3 x week
- Stretch each morning (mix of yoga, meditation, pilates and ballet stretches)

Now these are my three basic goals regarding exercise and I have created a proper exercise plan/schedule for the month which you can see below. I like to tweak it throughout the month after seeing what works and what doesn't. It may look ambitious to some, but keep in mind that the stretching is relatively easy and will only take 10 - 15 minutes.



So grab a pen (or use your computer) and plan out your exercise regime.

Let's challenge each other, we must stick to our regimes for ALL OF JANUARY! The reward? … prepare for some cheesiness… self satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...