Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Exercise of the week: Burpees



I love burpees.

I know, that just sounds wrong but it's true. It's a love/hate relationship really. I hate them at the time but afterwards I love it.


It is one of the exercises that makes me feel so accomplished afterwards. It makes my WHOLE BODY burn.

Burpees are great because they combine cardio with strength training. Being a high intensity exercise, it is great for losing weight! If you aren't looking to lose weight, then it is still great. Burpees are great to condition and sculpt, so think a smoking beach babe bod!

So what exactly is a burpee you ask? Well let me tell you.

                            1. Standing straight, raise your arms above your head and jump up

                            2. Drop to the floor into a plank position

                            3. Do a push up

                            4. Jump back up and do it again

 The aim is to go hard and go fast. Don't focus too much on doing a proper full push up (some people's burpees don't even include a push up, they just jump out and back in). I tend to just do a half push up.

Try incorporating burpees into your next work out!

Burn, baby, burn ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...